E-commerce can be defined as the transaction of goods and services through the transmission of data which is made possible by the introduction of electronic data interchange. Doing business online like making online payments of electricity bills, EMI’s, online shopping, booking tickets and lots more can be considered as E-commerce. E-commerce is one of the most popular methods of making money online and is prove to be a great opportunity for the investors and the business firm.
WHY DO PEOPLE BUY ONLINE?
- Low price – An online store is much cheaper than a brick and mortar store and hence people go for online shopping.
- Convenience – An online store is much more convenient as it is available 24 hours in a day. For people living in the remote areas and for people having a very busy schedule in a day, for them online shopping is pretty much convenient.
- Vast choice – There has always been a wide variety of choice in an online store as buyers gets sourced and shipped globally.
WHY DO FIRMS SELL ONLINE?
- High margins – Online selling gives a high margin for selling as the cost of warehousing, electricity, rent and many more expenses are eliminated.
- Scalability – There is no limit for trading online like physical presence in the store and it is a global business. Online selling also enables Pay-Per-Click which is very beneficial.
- Technology – Online business enables storage of a vast customer datawhich helps in understanding and improve the shopping experience.
Here are 10 ways which you can use to promote your online business .
- Brand focus – Creating a brand with all the visuals like a proper font, logo, colours, designs is necessary. High end, luxurious, eco-friendly and natural positioning is also taken into account. Packaging designs and website copies are also an important factor to enhance a brand and focusing on the values online.
- Good website – A clean and well-designed website is always welcome to promote a brand online. A “not so good website” with spelling errors and an un-catchy website makes a customer leaves in no time.
- Mobile friendly website – The online website must be mobile friendly as maximum customers switch to mobiles for browsing and shopping online. The website must be responsive enough to all mobile devices.
- Easy Search – Shoppers always looks for good and easy search options for quick shopping. A website that makes products to find easily that helps to buy quick will always be considered as a preference.
- Detailed and large images – Detailed images about the products and services and portraying large images of the goods helps the customers to have a vivid idea on the product that helps in effective buying.
- Detailed Information – Apart from some detailed images, an online customer will also look for a proper information and specification of the good or services provided in the website. Therefore, a website should also look after the information provided about the commodities.
- Social Media – Social media networks acts as a golden corridor for buyers as they act as a source and for the sellers as they attract a mass customer online.
- Emails – Emails are an effective way to communicate with the existing and new customers and be in touch with by informing them about new arrivals and exciting offers.
- Personalise – The website must be personalised time to time to seek attention of existing and new online customers.
- Free Shipping – The online customers will not leave a scope to buy without thinking if a free shipping is available and the availability of the product is checked in the desired location.
Above mentioned, are some of the tips a firm needs to promote an online store. There are many ways a firm can promote its online store but the reliability and convenience of the business firm. The firm should maximize the innovations for creating a website and nourishing it as it might prove to be beneficial for the effective buyers and henceforth proves profitable for the business firms through good sale revenue.
For free consultation write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Source : Internet